Sunday, October 5, 2008

"Hecka" funny!

Braxton likes to say the word "hecka" a lot - in front of everything for emphasis. I carpool everyday with a family that's in the other ward here in Oakdale (who have three kids at the school). We drive our kids about 20 minutes away to a charter school. Anyhow I get to hear a lot of interesting things as I drive along. So the other day, Braxton was explaining to his friend Cael (who is also 6) what hecka means. "You know what hecka means, Cael? It's Spanish for a lot." And then Cael said, "Cool. Like I was hecka hungry, and those were hecka cars." And they continued to site examples while I laughed to myself. I think because Bryan speaks Spanish, Braxton just randomly thinks certain words are Spanish if they sound a little funny. It was amusing.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Haha!! That is too funny.

Amy said...

that was great!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

oh, i love it!!! that is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

thats hecka funny!

Da Dandy Davis' said...

As soon as I saw the title, I knew that it was a word that trickled down from the Blacks. I am still trying to break the kids of that word. :)