Thursday, September 4, 2008

A soccer player and a ballerina.

Braxton started soccer a few weeks ago. I've decided he's not the extracurricular kind of kid at this point. He doesn't get excited about doing sports or anything extra that requires work. The first week we went, I had to force him out of the car when he realized he didn't know anyone because he was on a different team than he was last year. (He actually has a friend playing on this team, but he was on vacation the first week of practices.) So that was a little embarrassing as I'm dragging him across the field while trying to push a stroller with Parker in it and struggling with two camping chairs slung over my shoulder. He's okay now, but he doesn't love it. He'd rather be able to play at home after he's been at school all day. I don't blame him, but part of me thinks it's good for him, that he needs some kind of structured team sport, to learn new skills, make new friends and run around. And so I bring the hectic life of a soccer mom on myself with two practices a week and Saturday games from now until Thanksgiving, and then I added a dance class on top of that. But Carly needed something to call her own!

No comments: