Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Little Tidbits


I needed to catch up on a couple of little things my kids are doing these days...

If you read my blurb about our camping trip, you'll know that I've started the horrible process of potty training Carly. I despise potty training for obvious reasons--I hate the cleanup. She'll do well and then have a couple accidents in a row. And she's not doing her poops in the potty lately, so I've come to the conclusion that she will wear a diaper until she goes poops in the potty. She loves wearing her underwear, but I told her that she can't wear them until she goes poops in the potty. It's just easier on me this way. She still usually goes pee in the potty, but I don't have to worry about accidents this way. I felt bad yesterday because we were at the mall in Tracy because we'd gone to this bounce place they have there with some friends, and then we had lunch and did some shopping and she had told me a couple of times that she had to go potty. Well I brought her potty in the car with me, but since we're in a mall, it's a long walk to get to the car, so I just wanted her to go in her diaper. Finally we were about ready to go when she told me again she had to go potty, she had a little shiver and then she separated her legs and said, "Oh no, my pants wet." She must have forgotten that she had a diaper on. She'd been holding it forever until she couldn't hold it anymore.

I need to give a little update on Parker. He had shots about a week and a half ago. I went in just expecting a checkup. I forgot that we were behind in shots. I didn't bring any Tylenol with me. I felt terrible. He weighs 16 lbs. 7 oz. I think he's huge compared to my other kids, but the doctor's like: "His weights okay. Let him eat whenever he wants." Parker also started getting four new teeth in on the top last week! And he started scooting around everywhere, sort of an army crawl. It's very funny to me. Atleast he's not rolling like Carly. She rolled forever and her hair is still recovering from the bald spot she gave herself! But he gets around very well and just has a good old time scootin' around discovering things, and ripping up any paper items he might find. Magazines are his favorite. He's just growing so fast.

3 comments:

ang said...

Hey I just barely found your blog!! So fun to see your cute family and all the fun things you are doing. Sounds like you are having fun and enjoying life. Feel free to stop by the blog any time and say hi. I'll link you on my blog if that's okay!

Anonymous said...

potting training is a pain, but its got to be done. i'm training addalie right now , we will see if it continues. lets hope for the best!

Kim Whitemyer said...

I forgot to mention to you that I was shocked to see Parker tear across the tile the other day sort of army crawl style. I think I just stood there with my mouth open! He is especially good using one side of his body. It cracked me up! He is growing up so fast!