Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Official Week of Summer

Hooray for Summer!




I think Braxton's first official week of summer was a success. We didn't do a lot, but for Braxton it was enough to not be in school. It was kind of funny because last Saturday (the day after his last day of school), he went to a birthday party for a girl from his class. His teacher was invited as well, so when we got there, I said, "Braxton, Ms. Schreiber is here." His eyes got huge as they darted back and forth. I don't think he expected to see her for a long while.

About our week:
Monday night we got to get together with a few good friends. Bryan had four roommates that he was really good buddies with when I met him in college (two of them brothers). They've stayed in contact over the years, and the brothers (John and Stu) actually live here in California whom I've talked about before. Anyway Dan McComber was another roommate and he and his wife and kids were coming through the area to go to an extended family reunion. So we got together at Stu's house to eat pizza and catch up with everybody. It was like old times!!

Thursday I took the kids swimming at Grammy's pool. We invited some friends to come along too. Jenn came with her gang as well as the Powells and the Palmers. It made for quite a few kids splashing around in the pool. Braxton can never get enough swim time. I just can't believe he used to not even want to get in the pool. (Carly's at that point.) We stayed until 6:30 p.m.

Saturday Bryan went to a conference in the bay area for Monavie. He was gone most of the day, but in the morning he got Braxton up and they rode their bikes to the local bakery to get donuts and then went to get their hair cut. Braxton just loves going on bike rides with Bryan.

Later that evening the kids and I got to go to a party for our friend Don Valk. He was turning the big 5-0. He's worked with Bryan in Elder's Quorum and I worked with his wife, Carla, in Young Womens. They are good people, so much fun. Anyhow it was a big bash, a luau actually, with a machine pumping out virgin strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas, lots of good food, and a live band made up of members from our ward. They were fabulous. I couldn't believe how good they were. I didn't even know they could sing let alone play instruments. It was great fun. They have a pool as well, so Braxton made a beeline for it as soon as we arrived, and only got out to go to the bathroom or grab a bite to eat. Other guests couldn't believe how long he was in there and how many times he jumped off the side of the pool. I had to drag him out dripping wet to go home after I'd already loaded the other kids and asked him twice to get out!

Bryan got home around 11:00pm and said the conference was great and he learned a lot. He also had fun hanging out with our brother-in-law, Jason, and Bry's good buddy from high school, Alex Roche.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey Kinda, your blog looks so cute! I'm glad I was able to find it. I can't believe how big your kids are. You guys sound like you're doing great and keeping busy.