Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ode to my van

I always liked my van, but I've gained a greater appreciation for it this week. We took it in on Monday because it was leaking various fluids (which they later told us was oil and transmission fluid.) It was going to take a few days so they gave me a lovely Dodge Intrepid to drive. (When I say lovely, I'm being facetious.) Don't get me wrong, I was grateful to have something to drive, but since I carpool for school, we had a very interesting setup to fit everyone in. Carly's carseat was buckled in the middle of the front bench seat, and Parker was in the back. So I got to drive around all snuggled up to Carly's carseat with my right arm propped up on it because it wouldn't fit anywhere else. Needless to say, it was quite embarrassing to pick up all the kids from school. They always questioned whether everyone would fit. So I am thankful to have my van back with my own little driving space, no Carly trying to drive the steering wheel with her feet or poke me in the face. And I don't have to feel like white trash with a bunch of kids stuffed in my car.

2 comments:

Mommy Madness said...

LOL, I can't imagine driving with a toddler in my "bubble."

Anonymous said...

I remember how sad I was to get my van, I was so embarresed how dorky minivans were. Now I can't imagine not having it, it may not be the coolest, but its the best for little kids.
I am glad you got your van back.